Feb 23, 2011

Glibness and Superficial Charm

A common misconception is that a sociopath is some hulking guy who can't speak normally and has the urge to beat on someone every ten minutes. Au countraire, most sociopaths are very smooth-talking; tongues lined with silver, eyes sharp yet friendly, and generally physically fit and good-looking.

A smooth voice and a silver tongue can get you anything. A sociopath is generally quick-witted. Not smart, precisely, but always with an answer. The answer doesn't even have to be correct, just there. Say a group of people are talking about cars. I know very little about cars, but as long as I have something to say that's even slightly relevant to the conversation, I'm included. Within a few minutes, I can begin to understand the current conversation, and soon enough, I'm the highlight of the conversation. All I do is tell everyone the very same things they told me about the subject, but I put my spin on it.  Sound clever and knowledgeable, and you will soon become clever and knowledgeable. Being able to lie is also a common trait of a sociopath. We need power over others, and what better than to be able to tell you whatever we want and make you believe it. Sociopaths can generally evade lie detection methods, because most methods rely on body language. A sociopath tells a lie like it's the truth, and mentally, we believe the lie, just long enough to convince you. Our body language doesn't change, because if we treat the lie as though it is truth, we don't have the nervous gestures, the facial twitches, or the fidgets that most people have when lying.

Sharp eyes. A sociopath will always have eyes that will, in some way, have you guessing what they're thinking. My eyes, brown, boring, and rather bland, don't really stick out when I talk to you. All I do is lower my lids halfway down, so there's more white showing than iris, then open my eyes all the way again. Those boring eyes now have a focus, a brightness in them, that you didn't see before. I now seem to be penetrating into your mind, reading your very thoughts, and you can do nothing about it. Even when my eyes don't seem to be staring deep into your soul, they're still off-putting enough that you're thrown a bit out of wack and you find it hard to concentrate on what we're talking about. This gives me the edge.

Mind over matter, the theory that your mentality can change anything, comes into play very often for sociopaths. If I believes that I am good looking, to the degree where nothing can change my mind about how I look, my  body begins to shape itself so that I appear pleasing to own eyes regardless of whether I looked that way before believing it. Most sociopaths have extreme inner confidence bordering on arrogance regarding our looks, yet on the outside, often appear modest, as though hiding a flaw we don't have. For instance, my body is healthily shaped, with a small amount of pudge. To me, that's a lie. When I see myself, I see a glowing body, ripe with the fruit of youth, well toned, properly colored, and overall gorgeous. But when I tell someone how I see my body, I convince them that I only think I look okay. That I don't feel that attractive, just mediocre. That instills a sense of security in other people, thinking that I'm insecure.

3 comments:

  1. hello, can you do more updates to this blog plz? i like the info you put up.

    would a sociopath mind if i recognize him as a sociopath and mention it? just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I,a sociopath,would deny being such if confronted.But I have told people.It's all dependent upon benefit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lived w a sociopath for six months. I've seen all of the symptoms and behaviors. It all fits. Extreme Manipulation and control, habitual lies, apologetic but in a heart beat will repeat the abuse, conning, abusive and quick to anger, no remorse or guilt, paranoid, threatening, and distructive to others property. This information is very valuable, take heed and get out of the situation, run, don't walk or look back and try to make logic of it.

    ReplyDelete