Feb 23, 2011

Incapacity for Love

Again, no explanation given on this one. A sociopath does not have the ability to feel love.

Some romantics out there may think this makes us lonely, but not really. To be lonely, you have to know what it feels like to have someone there for you. Most sociopaths are never understood by anyone else in their entire lives, unless they happen upon another sociopath, which is rare. About 3% of the male population are sociopaths and about 1% of the female. I would say that both of these statistics are overstated, being that sociopathy is grouped in with psychopathy and antisocial disorders. Sociopaths are naturally very social, and while some psychopaths and antisocials may exhibit talents and attributes similar to sociopathy, they are not sociopaths. Most psychopaths are actually corrupted by their ability to feel, in fact the necessity of emotion, and cannot relate, and many antisocials are actually just social misfits; people with low confidence who force themselves to appear what they're not, or hate the general populace for shunning them in the first place. 

A sociopath just does not need love. As most of us don't understand the concept of loneliness, we can live our lives in social exile, (thus exhibiting the traits of antisocial disorders) yet we generally choose to build strong positions in society and appear extremely social. Love, to us, is just another tool, something to fake just to catch yet another person in our web of power. Sociopaths can hold up multiple faux relations with the idea of love, while convincing each mate that the other means nothing and is just a fling or a joke or a tool. Care must be taken though, as most normal people do grow jealous.

7 comments:

  1. Perhaps you should post some advice to we non-sociopaths on how to avoid the damage that a sociopath can exact upon us. I've managed to physically escape from someone I suspect to be a sociopath, but am still somewhat trapped in the emotional "web" he has spun for me. I'm terribly afraid of retribution and physical harm if I cut him off entirely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let them get caught up in their lies and watch them self destruct . I have seen it first hand . They destroy themselves more often than not . When they fall on their own sword show them no pity . YOU OWE THEM NOTHING !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a sociopath, I've never cared for anyone. Often I've said I love you by obligation knowing I'd get what I want in the end but still rather be alone. I've been told that i was a self-absorbed cold-heared bitch many times as I'd walk away. I look at the 'loved one' crying and don't feel an ounce of pain/guilt. Sometimes I'd like to change that, but let's face it, it's not going to happen

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boyfriend tells me he is a sociopath and is incapable of love but that he does love me. Is there some way sociopaths can feel comfort in anothers presence? I wasn't faithful to him at one point and he even cried and said he was heart broken. Maybe he's just confused and just protecting himself from the damage love can cause. But he has violent tendencies that he doesn't act upon. Just wish I could underztand the man I slowly feel in love with

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its from been fiddled with at young age it can cause it without love and a scintific explanation, Or possibly a beating by an abusive dad due to the change of industry with education been left in the 80s due lack of tax money because of the mining industries work force been so ill educated down the years left in the dark ages i was always a thinker its why i asked what kinestic learner was a person whoo'll go out and get it basically so i said yes the labour way because the queen walked on the red carpet the teams kit was red we loved the queen she loved us etc... LABOUR=ROYALIST LOOK THE GAMES WE PLAYED IN ENGLAND CHESTS=PROTECTING THE KING AND QUEEN CHECKERS= WASTING LIFE FOR SEARCHING LANDS.. ALL UP HERE BUT LOCKED AWAY DUE TO PESSERMIST ATTUIDE UP NORTH YOU CONSERVATIVE CUNTS ARE KILLING HER ARMY AND PEOPLE IMAGE ALL FOR THE GREED OF MONEY DRUGS DO THAT TO THE MIND WHEN LEFT IN CIVIL UNREST SORRRY I WAS IRISH/SCOTISH/ENGLISH NOT PART WELSH GUYS BUT COULD BE DUE TO LIVING IN MY DIALECT ITS HARD TO SPEAK SNOBBY YOU GET HIT ANARCY AND DEPRESSION... WE WAS THE WAR MACHINE THE COAL END OF STORY SIMPLE SORRY I Was kicked out at 15 and no second chance not bad because my attendce was 50% due caring for mentally ill father shame i got on ket the new herion of the north

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now i know why the doctors perscribed me a sociopaaaaaaaaaath, i have all the thiiiiiiiings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there very cool web site.Everyone should read.I’m glad to find so many useful information here within the
    put up. For more amazing info visit once An Incapacity

    ReplyDelete